Here is the text of a recent appeal from the C2 Coalition, which is the coalition representing the interests of Forest Service cabin owners on behalf of the Cabin Fee Act. Please read the following information and act promptly to contact your California Senators.
IMPORTANT -- Your Grassroots Efforts are Needed Now
Breaking News: A Senate hearing on S. 1906, the Cabin Fee Act of 2011, has been scheduled for March 22, 2012 before the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Subcommittee on Public Lands and Forests, chaired by Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR). Coalition 2 is in full preparation mode!
Now is your time to help! Extensive grassroots efforts to contact key Senators are essential to support a successful hearing and passage of the legislation. Although neither of our California Senators are members of the Senate Energy & Natural Resources Committee, both Senators Feinstein and Boxer should be contacted and asked to encourage the committee to act promptly and positively to move the bill to passage in the Senate. Our California Senators must hear from you and know you care about the Cabin Fee Act! The message you should convey to our Senators should be consistent and to the point:
- Thank Senator Feinstein for her co-sponsorship of S. 1906.
- Senate Bill 1906 has been judged to be revenue neutral by the Congressional Budget Office (CBO).
- The bill has genuine bi-partisan support, with the following co-sponsors: Jon Tester [D- MT] (Sponsor), John Barrasso [R-WY], Max Baucus [D-MT], Michael Enzi [R-WY], Dianne Feinstein [D-CA], Charles Grassley [R-IA], and James Risch [R-ID].
- Cabin owners have agreed to changes in S. 1906 requested by the Forest Service. Both groups now support the prompt passage of S. 1906.
- We ask that this bill be passed out of committee and approved in the full Senate.
This task is simple -- call or email!
Call the Capitol Hill Switchboard now at 202.224.3121 and ask for either Senator Feinstein's or Senator Boxer's office. When connected, tell them that your call is about S. 1906, the Cabin Fee Act. You should then be transferred to the staff person who handles natural resources or national forest issues. Convey your personalized message to that person.
Send your emails now at the following links:
Every call or email helps gain support -- please do your part.
Call or email our Senators today!
Note: In both the Feinstein and Boxer email forms, you need to enter "Topic". Since there is no choice for "National Forest" or "Forest Service", let's use "Environment" as the topic. Thanks.