Do you know what to do if you are near a downed power line? Last winter we had a downed power line near Keystone Point, and this spring there was another downed line across Spring Road. Watch the following video to learn how to stay safe if confronted by a downed power line.
If you see a downed power line:
- Stay as far away from it as you can; do NOT touch; assume it is "live".
- Call Bear Valley Electric: (800) 808-2837 or (909) 866-4678.
- Do not drive over downed power lines.
- Stay in your car.
- If in danger, jump away from car and land with both feet together.
- Keep feet together and shuffle away to safety (at least 35 feet away).