Forest Service Information and Documentation
Mountaintop Ranger District
Marc Stamer, District Ranger
(909) 382-2728 firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott Evans, Special Uses Administrator
(909) 382-2808 email@example.com
U.S. Forest Service, Region 5
San Bernardino National Forest (SBNF)
Big Bear Ranger Station and Discovery Center
41397 North Shore Drive, Hwy 38
Fawnskin CA 92333 (909) 382-2790
Forest Service Website Links and Documentation
- U.S. Forest Service Information
The U.S. Forest Service sometimes provides information and communication on its website that may be of interest to cabin owners in Big Bear.
- USFS, San Bernardino National Forest – Recreation Residences
Background information and resources regarding the Recreation Residences program in the SBNF.
- Forest Service Handbook - Region 5 - FSH 2709.11 - Special Uses Handbook - Effective 7/1/2016
Update to Chapter 40 - Special Uses Administration, which provides guidelines and direction to Special Uses Administrators for administration of recreation residences on Forest Service lands.
- Request for FS Approval for Maintenance and Improvements
This form must be submitted and approved before any work is done on a Forest Service cabin.
- USFS Boat, Trailer, and Vehicle Storage Regulations
The Forest Service has clearly defined the policies and regulations regarding the parking and storage of boats, trailers, and vehicles on Forest Service land (6-30-2007).
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (Forest Service) Term Special Use Permit for Recreation Residences — Form FS-2700-5a (02/07)
- Forest Service transmittal letter with 20-year permits – September 1998
- Incident Information System (e.g., wildfires)